The SEA-Teacher Project

            Hello everybody! To start this blog, I would like to share my experience in joining the SEA-Teacher project. SEA-Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia” itself is a project that aims to provide opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences in school in other countries in Southeast Asia. This project is embarked by The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education.
            Based on the SEAMEO seven priority areas for the eleven SEAMEO Member countries to work together to improve the quality of education in Southeast Asia, “Revitalizing Teacher Education” is one of the priority areas in building and strengthening capacity of teachers in the region.

The exchange is preferably for 4th year students whose major are in math, science, English and pre-school. The duration is for one month and based on the mechanism of cost sharing basis. Students’ roles and responsibilities are assigned weekly during the one month period (observe, assist in teaching, teach and reflect). Moreover, the host universities will provide mentors to supervise and monitor the students throughout the practicum period.
The Objectives of the Project are to enable pre-service student teachers to develop their teaching skills and pedagogy, to encourage the pre-service student teachers to practice their English skills and to allow the pre-service student teachers to gain a broader regional and world view.  
Before SEA-Teacher project, I have a strong desire to go abroad and explore more about the world. Luckily, my university gave the announcement through its official Instagram account that there was an exchange program for undergraduate teacher. Not long after I knew the announcement, I wanted to join the program because it is a very great chances for me as an undergraduate teacher to broader my knowledge. After that, I prepared any requirement that was needed. It didn’t take me so long to prepare anything. I passed the administration test which was the second step to be joining this program. I was afraid when it came to interview test, because it was my very first time to join an exchange program and I didn’t want to lose that chance. I did my really best for this program. Not long after that, the announcement said that I passed the test which means I will be one among four students that are given a chance to improve our knowledge through this program. I am so grateful knowing that I will be given a chance to develop my English skill and gain the broader world view
There are only four students who are selected to join this program. My friend and I will be in Thailand and the other two will be in Philipines. Now, I have to prepare anything that I will need because I will go to Thailand and be a part of this program in less than one week. I will come back with stories in Thailand, and see you!






Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My Self Report: CHAPTER V

Second Week: Teaching Assistance