Second Week: Teaching Assistance

            Hi everyone! Welcome back to my SEA-Teacher story. In the previous post, I already explained about the first week activity which was Classroom observation and now I will explain about the second activity in this practicum, it is Teaching Assistance. Teaching Assistance is an activity which had to be done right before teaching practice. In this stage, I helped the teachers to encourage the students to understand the lesson taught by the teacher by explaining the material in a small group or one by one. For teaching assistance I followed Teacher Ali’s and Teacher Steve’s class and Teacher Beth’s class and did 20 times teaching assistance.



            In teacher Ali’s and teacher Steve’s class, I helped them to repeat and explain the material that was already delivered to students. In Primary level, it was a must for the teacher to do repetition for the lesson and also instructions whenever students were asked to do an assignment. Even though there was a clear instruction to do the test, most of the students did get the ideas. They were confused what to do. Here, I helped the students by explaining the instruction and sometimes giving an example so that they would understand what they supposed to do. Besides, I also helped by the students to calm them down. Primary students usually have a kind of mood that was easily swinging. In primary 5/3, I found a boy who cried because of unclear reason. Teacher Ali approached him and tried to calm him down, but he was still crying. At that moment, I approached him and gave him a tissue and he was directly stopped crying and continued to join the class. Besides, I also helped the teachers to make students be quite and listen to the lesson. 


            Teaching assistance gave me a very great experience. This activity enabled me to get know the students better and helped them whenever they need the teacher’s guidance. It also made me to have a special connection to the students and have a closer relation with them. That would help them too to feel free to ask the teachers whenever they found some difficulties or ptoblems in learning activity. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My Self Report: CHAPTER V

The SEA-Teacher Project