My Self Report: CHAPTER V


V.                Summary and Suggestions

5.1 PURPOSE OF THE PRACTICUM
The practicum aims to provide opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences in school in other countries in Southeast Asia. By doing this practicum, I develop my teaching skill and pedagogy. This practicum is done in the different country from where the participants live. So this enables me to grain an experience in a broader view. It helps me to practice and improve my English skill. This practicum gives a big benefit to me because through this activity I can learn more about cultural differences, improving teaching skill and be open minded which are pay an important role in global world.

5.2 OUTCOME OF PRACTICUM
After finishing this practicum, I as the participant of this program and pre-service student teacher gain more social skills and also confidents. Social skill and confidents are an important part of a teacher. It is a must for a teacher to socialize with her/his students easily and quickly. To teach in the class is an activity that needs preparations. It is important for a teacher to train her/his ability in teaching often, so that she/he will know her/his ability. If practice is done rarely, then the performance that will we get also will not much as well.

5.3 THE CHALLENGES OF THE PRACTICUM
I taught English in Lower Secondary class, it is M2/2 or grade 8 and also in Primary 5 and Primary 6. Most of the students were spoke Thai and used it in their daily live. I use bahasa in my daily live. This thing had to be considered more. Whenever I delivered the lesson, only some of the students understood what I did say. The rest of them seemed get a kind of difficulties to understand the idea. This thing became one of the problems in teaching and learning activity. Teaching and learning would work well if the teacher and the students giving and receiving. But in this issue, the students needed something to make them received what they had to.

5.4 OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
After finishing the practicum for about a month, I get so many experiences and benefits that will be useful for me in the future. I did find some problems because of the differences of culture, way of teaching, or maybe language. This thing becomes interesting because if a person wants to be a teacher, it means that she/has to deliver the knowledge to whoever the students are. The important thing that has to be remembered is, what a teacher needs to do is just focus to the students. Problems will exist no wherever it is. What teachers have to pay attention more is how to solve it so that the students will receive the knowledge they have to.

5.5 SUGGESTION FOR FUTURE IMPROVEMENT
As the participant of this practicum, I would like to give a suggestion for the he next program in term of total hours of the practicum. To make the teaching ability better, practices are needed. So to improve the ability of the participant and also practicum, it will be better for the participant to practices more so that her/his ability will be improved. It would be not enough to just see without practices. So the more the pre-service student practice, the more knowledge and experience they will get.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Get To Know Me

Second Week: Teaching Assistance